Invisalign Miami Orthodontist – Invisible Braces for Adults and Teens
Dr. Sanders is a Certified Elite Invisalign Provider in Miami, FL and has treated hundreds of patients with Invisalign and Invisalign Teen for over 8 years. Several years ago, Dr. Sanders was invited to an Invisalign study club in San Jose, Costa Rica to meet and discuss cases with orthodontists from around the world. As part of the Invisalign sponsored study club, Dr. Sanders visited the Invisalign headquarters to evaluate the 3D process used for Invisalign treatment simulations.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign consists of a series of computer generated clear retainers (aligners) that fit over the biting surfaces of teeth. Invisalign treatment utilizes a series of aligners that are used to straighten teeth and each aligner is worn for a two week period of time. Traditionally, Invisalign was used to treat mild to moderate crowding or spacing between teeth, but today there are many more indications and technology has been developed for both adults and teens. The process starts by scanning a patients teeth or taking impressions in order to create a 3D virtualization using CAD-CAM technology. To finalize the treatment setup, an Invisalign technician communicates with Dr. Sanders in order to achieve an ideal computerized result.
After a consultation to determine your orthodontic needs, Dr. Sanders will develop an optimal treatment plan that is best for you and explain any options that are appropriate.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Appearance. Invisalign aligners are clear and extremely less noticeable than traditional bracket and wire braces. For most patients, this is the most motivating aspect of selecting Invisalign treatment.
- Removability. Patients can remove the aligners while eating and it is very easy to clean teeth and thus prevent cavities with Invisalign because the trays are removable.
- Compared to having braces, Invisalign can significantly reduce the possibility of gum inflammation during treatment and is therefore a superior option for patients that have previous periodontal (gum) disease or gum recession.
- Because the trays are removed when eating, patients can enjoy more foods and do not have to worry about broken or malpositioned appliances. With traditional braces, patients need to avoid hard foods that can dislodge or break brackets and wires and also avoid sticky foods that will adhere to brackets and wires and be difficult to clean away.
- Health. Healthy gums and soft tissue mean a healthier, happier patient. With improved access to the gum tissues and all surfaces of the teeth for cleaning, patients will have significantly improved probability of optimal oral health, free of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Comfort. Although patients are likely to experience some tenderness and tingling after each new aligner is inserted, due to tooth movement, patients will be more comfortable than with traditional braces.
- Patients typically speak normally while wearing the aligners. This is not always the case when the soft tissue of the mouth is irritated by traditional brackets and wires.
- The irritation of brackets and wires on adjacent soft tissue of the mouth can be painful and require use of orthodontic wax and palliative rinses. Invisalign aligners are smooth and do not irritate the soft tissue of the mouth.
What Can I Expect with Invisalign?
The aligners should fit over your teeth and apply pressure to move your teeth, little by little. With each new aligner in the series, you will see a change in your appearance and bite. Unless you lose or damage a tray, you should not have “emergencies” or need to see us on an emergency basis. We traditionally give patients four aligners at each visit and each aligner is worn for a two week period of time. Invisalign patients are usually seen every eight to ten weeks to track progress and evaluate possible problematic areas. Click here to see other frequently asked questions about Invisalign.
What Bites are Appropriate for Invisalign Treatment?
Most permanent teeth must be erupted, which means Invisalign can be used in adolescence and adulthood. When teeth are significantly malpositioned or greatly turned, traditional braces may be indicated. Although Invisalign is not appropriate for everyone, Dr Sanders can determine if it is right for you. As a Premier Preferred Invisalign Provider, Dr Sanders is specially trained and certified to evaluate your problem and develop a customized treatment plan for your best result.
If you want to straighten your teeth without the hassles of traditional braces, give us a call at (305) 598-3384. We are here to help you achieve a beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime.
Invisalign Elite Preferred Provider
In 2014, Dr. Derek Sanders of Orthodontics Only in Miami, Florida achieved Invisalign Elite Preferred Provider status. For much more on the what it means to be Invisalign Elite Preferred please check out our blog post here. Ultimately, this helps our practice help you. We gain access to peer to peer events, practice development materials and the eligibility to attend a complimentary Invisalign Intermediate Course (GP) or Clear Techniques II (Ortho). With Invisalign getting more and more effective every single year you can be rest assured that our staff will be current of all the technology available to help straighten your teeth.
At our Google Plus post you can see Dr. Derek Sanders receiving his 2014 Elite sign. He is amongst the very few as he has illustrated a superior level of expertise when it comes to Invisalign. If you have any questions, concerns or comments related to Invisalign do not hesitate to contact us today. Our staff will be more than happy to assist you with better understanding how we can straighten your teeth with Invisalign “clear braces” as soon as possible.
UPDATE: In May and June 2015 we are going to document some very important literature on Invisalign and the future of invisible braces. Please check back in for more information.
Omnicam by CEREC for Miami Invisalign Patients
As one of the premiere Miami Invisalign specialist Dr. Derek Sanders makes 100% certain his patients are receiving the best care possible. In July 2015, Orthodontics Only received the brand new Omnicam by CEREC which will allow the staff to offer state of the art technology along with great customer service. Below are some resources to explain more about this piece of technology:
- All You Need to Know About CEREC for Orthodontists
- Dolphin 3D Imaging for the CEREC Omnicam
- What is the CEREC Omnicam by Sirona?
- Miami Invisalign Specialist Receives CEREC Omnicam by Sirona
If you would like to know anything else about this piece of medical technology do not hesitate to contact us at any time. Remember that we offer a free one hour consultation as well.